How to connect SN8000 demo board with V2 adapter to my board instead of i.MX 6Quad/DualLite SABRE-SD reference board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect SN8000 demo board with V2 adapter to my board instead of i.MX 6Quad/DualLite SABRE-SD reference board?

eric_huang
Contributor I

Hi Sir,

We are going to add an SN8000 WiFi module on our i.mx6 DualLite single board. Before we start the new project, we want to develop our software first. So I have to know how to connect SN8000 with V2 adapter to our board.

I plug demo board into our SDIO slot, it cannot work. I found there are control signals on the other connector connect from ribbon cable. Would you please tell me how to connect those signals we need to enable WiFi function? I don't need BT function. Just WiFi function is enough.

Thanks.

Eric

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

mike_susen
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Eric,

compare your schematic to schematic of our sabre board with modifications and it must work.

Michal

0 Kudos

eric_huang
Contributor I

Hi Michal,

I found all information about how to connect SN8000 demo board to i.MX 6Quad/DualLite SABRE-SD no matter using V1 or V2 adapter.

I need to know is how can I get the SN8000 work properly with our own single board. I don't have an i.MX 6Quad/DualLite SABRE-SD on hand.

Best Regards,

Eric

0 Kudos

mike_susen
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eric,

all information you can find here Wi-Fi Bluetooth for NXP i.MX | RF Modules | Wireless Products | Murata Manufacturing 

Especially in murata's quick start guide on page 12.

Michal

0 Kudos

eric_huang
Contributor I

Hi Michal,

I found that mention I have to connect ribbon cable to both adapter and i.MX6Q/DL. My question is here. I don't know how many signals from this ribbon cable I have to wire them to our own board accordingly.

Eric

0 Kudos

mike_susen
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eric,

on page 11 is answer on you question I hope:

Referring to Table 3, the i.MX 6Quad/DualLite SABRE-SD presents additional challenges. As shipped from the factory, the i.MX 6Quad/DualLite SABRE-SD does not connect the J13 Bluetooth ribbon cable connector to the necessary UART and control signals. Please reference the Hardware User Manual for necessary rework. NXP also details the board rework in their schematic file (Bluetooth page). Page 15 of the NXP schematic (SPF-27516_C3.pdf) correctly captures the necessary rework to be done. Repeated here: NOTE: To use J13, populate resistors R209 - R213 and depopulated the SPI NOR FLASH U14. Resistors R214 and R215 should not be populated because both UART outputs (TXDs) have been crossed together and both UART inputs (RXDs) have been crossed together. To make the UART work correctly, solder a jumper wire from R215 pad 1 to R214 pad 2 and from R215 pad 2 to R214 pad 1.  If (after rework) V2 Adapter does not look to work correctly, try V1 Adapter and verify just Wi-Fi functionality. Board rework can only be done by a skilled technician with the correct tools.

Michal

0 Kudos