cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure the camera ov5640_mipi in warp7

vinodhulagabali
Contributor II

Hi,

I have problem with bringing up the camera ov5640_mipi in warp7 So can anybody tell me what all configuration i have to make because I have already configured the drivers in menuconfig as shown below and it is thowing errors while building the image using bitbake core-image-minimal So please suggest me what has to be made to bring up camera drivers and made camera working. Find the attachment for error logs.

CONFIG_MXC_IPU_V3=y

CONFIG_MXC_IPU_V3_PRG=y

CONFIG_MXC_IPU_V3_PRE=y

CONFIG_MXC_CAMERA_OV5640_MIPI=y

CONFIG_MXC_IPU_PRP_VF_SDC=y

CONFIG_MXC_IPU_PRP_ENC=y

CONFIG_VIDEO_MXC_CAMERA=y

CONFIG_VIDEO_MXC_OUTPUT=y

CONFIG_FB=y

CONFIG_FB_MXC=y

CONFIG_FB_MXC_SYNC_PANEL=y

CONFIG_FB_MXC_LDB=y

Your suggestions are appreciated Thank you.

regards

Vinod

Original Attachment has been moved to: error.zip

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

It is needed to build system for WaRP7 with kernel, supporting CSI and MIPI-CSI, since internally

MIPI CSI2 is connected to CSI module of the i.MX7. IOMUXC_GPR_GPR5 [CSI_MUX_CONTROL] bit

defines which port is connected to the CSI.

Note, IPU is not part of i.MX7, therefore do not include IPU is system configuration.

WaRP7-User-Guide/Yocto_Project.adoc at master · WaRP7/WaRP7-User-Guide · GitHub  

WaRP7 · GitHub 

To know what options should be configured in kernel, please refer to sections

6.1.1.1 (OV5640 Using MIPI CSI-2 interface) and 6.1.2 [Camera Serial Interface (CSI)] of “i.MX_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf” in Linux doc package.

http://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.1.15_2.1.0_LINUX_DOCS&Parent_nodeId=133769948107170617... 

Also, please look at the following, where it is shown how to enable i.MX7 CSI via dts:

https://community.nxp.com/message/915557 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vinodhulagabali
Contributor II

Hi Yuri Muhin,

As you said I have changed the configuration according to the document 6.1.1.1 (OV5640 Using MIPI CSI-2 interface) but it is

throwing errors as below even if i modify imx7s-warp.dts also So please suggest me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERROR: linux-warp7-4.1-r0 do_compile: oe_runmake failed
ERROR: linux-warp7-4.1-r0 do_compile: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /u/ee209785/yocto1/build/tmp/work/imx7s_warp-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-warp7/4.1-r0/temp/log.do_compile.9875)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /u/ee209785/yocto1/build/tmp/work/imx7s_warp-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-warp7/4.1-r0/temp/log.do_compile.9875
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
| NOTE: make -j 2 zImage CC=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc  -mno-thumb-interwork -marm -fuse-ld=bfd LD=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ld.bfd   LOADADDR=0x80008000
|   CHK     include/config/kernel.release
|   GEN     ./Makefile
|   CHK     include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h
|   CHK     include/generated/utsrelease.h
|   Using /u/ee209785/yocto1/build/tmp/work-shared/imx7s-warp/kernel-source as source for kernel
| make[3]: `include/generated/mach-types.h' is up to date.
|   CHK     include/generated/bounds.h
|   CHK     include/generated/asm-offsets.h
|   CALL    /u/ee209785/yocto1/build/tmp/work-shared/imx7s-warp/kernel-source/scripts/checksyscalls.sh
|   CHK     include/generated/compile.h
|   CHK     kernel/config_data.h
|   LINK    vmlinux
|   LD      vmlinux.o
|   MODPOST vmlinux.o
|   GEN     .version
|   CHK     include/generated/compile.h
|   UPD     include/generated/compile.h
|   CC      init/version.o
|   LD      init/built-in.o
| drivers/built-in.o: In function `ov5640_remove':
| vf610_adc.c:(.text+0x19baac): undefined reference to `v4l2_int_device_unregister'
| drivers/built-in.o: In function `ov5640_probe':
| vf610_adc.c:(.text+0x19cedc): undefined reference to `v4l2_int_device_register'
| make[2]: *** [vmlinux] Error 1
| make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
| make: *** [__sub-make] Error 2
| ERROR: oe_runmake failed
| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /u/ee209785/yocto1/build/tmp/work/imx7s_warp-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-warp7/4.1-r0/temp/log.do_compile.9875)
ERROR: Task 52 (/u/ee209785/yocto1/sources/meta-fsl-arm-extra/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-warp7_4.1.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2595 tasks of which 2594 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
No currently running tasks (1305 of 2615)

Summary: 1 task failed:
  /u/ee209785/yocto1/sources/meta-fsl-arm-extra/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-warp7_4.1.bb, do_compile
Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.
Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

regards

Vinod

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

perhaps it makes sense first to try building minimal WaRP7 system to be sure if environment 

is correct.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos