How to compile and build normal OpenGL Application (not OpelGl ES or OpenGL ES2) for i.mx6 development platform

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to compile and build normal OpenGL Application (not OpelGl ES or OpenGL ES2) for i.mx6 development platform

raghav0710
Contributor I

Hi all,

I want to build and run normal opengl application which on i.mx6 Development platform.

I have searched the community and got a link to build QT for OpenGlES2. I tried it and compiled the opengl es2 application hellogl_es2.

However other application like hellogl_es and hellogl (which is normal open gl) are not compiling and throwing errors related to the opengl functions.

Can anyone suggest me how can i compile an opengl application for running in i.mx6 platform.

Regards

Raghav

0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Raghav

OpenGL ES is subset OpenGL, specially developed for embedded systems.

So full featured OpenGL is not supported by processor gpu.

Seems one can implement OpenGL in software but this will be slow

OpenGL ES - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

raghav0710
Contributor I

Thanks Igor for a quick reply.

Actually i have build and compiled QT for i.mx6 platform as per the  following link "Building QT for i.MX6"

It works fine and i have compiled and executed the sample opengl application provided by QT (hellogl_es2) on the target.

However there are other opengl examples like hellogl and hellogl_es which are provided by QT. But i am not able to build it for i.mx6 platform.

The main reason for me asking for compiling normal opengl application is that i have a code developed in opengl which i want to run on i.mx6 target.

Seeing the sample code of opengl ES2 it is clear that i have to do lot of changes to my application to make it compatible to OpenGl ES2. Since i am very new to opengl ES2, i am trying to avoid this redevelopment of my code.

So is there a method by which i can try to compile OpenGL ES 1.0 or 1.1 for i.mx6 without using QT?

Regards

Raghav

0 Kudos

raghav0710
Contributor I

HI all,

any feedback on my query?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Raghav

I think one can look at

IMX6_GPU_SDK : i.MX6 Graphics SDK – Includes sample, demo code, and documentation

for working with the i.MX6X family graphics cores. Includes OpenVG, OpenGL ES, and GAL2D reference files.

and documents included in L3.14.28_1.0.0_iMX6QDLS_BUNDLE

~igor

0 Kudos