How to charge battery with PF1550 more than 1A

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to charge battery with PF1550 more than 1A

ATAineri
Contributor III

I'm going to design a portable Hi-Fi audio device with 1A output current (iMX6ul or iMX7ulp based). Considering that there are much more current consumers than headphones, my device would consume 1.5-2A. PF1550 is providing 1A charging current and how I understand if my device would be used at full power the device will discharge faster than it charges.

Is that really the case or battery would be charging with 1A and all device functionality will be supported by current from the outlet? Is it possible to provide charging on iMX7ulp based device with PF1550 and power consumption of more than 1A?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

JayRajagopalan
Contributor I

Hi Vladislav,

You might want to consider using the BD70528 PMIC iMX7ULP uCOM - Embedded Artists 

Sincerely,

Jay

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vladislav

for charger usage one can look at PF1550 datasheet

PF1550, Power Management Integrated Circuit (PMIC) for low power application processors - Data sheet

according to Table 10. Charger characteristics charger output can be up to 1.25A.

>Is it possible to provide charging on iMX7ulp based device with PF1550 and power consumption of more than 1A?

yes, for example VBUSIN max. current can be up to 1.5A according toTable 6. Input currents.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos