cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change NAND partitions in i.MX6UL EVK

Jump to solution
keshavakumarb
Contributor I

I am using NAND as a boot media in i.MX6UL evk. I want to change the partitions and partition size of the NAND. When I did some exploration on this, found that partitions are defined in "include/configs/mx6ul_14x14_evk.h" file, CONFIG_MFG_NAND_PARTITION .

If I want to change the partitions, whether changing CONFIG_MFG_NAND_PARTITION is sufficient?

Ex :

#define CONFIG_MFG_NAND_PARTITION "mtdparts=gpmi-nand:64m(boot),16m(kernel),16m(dtb),50m(rootfs), -(data) "

I am using MFG tool for flashing purpose. I will place generated u-boot.imx in "Firmware" folder of MFG tool.

Please confirm my understanding. :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Keshava

I think this is correct and should be sufficient for changing the partitions.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Keshava

I think this is correct and should be sufficient for changing the partitions.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
keshavakumarb
Contributor I

Thank you for confirmation. I acknowledge that it works. :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos