Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to chang i.MX53QSB DRAM to 512MB

Jump to solution
billyhe
Contributor II

Hello, everyone.

The i.MX53QSB DRAM is 1GB(four chips ddr3, 2 Banks) default.Now, I want to change to 512MB(two chips ddr3 1 Bank).

When I search the method is modify the u-boot-2009.08/board/freescale/mx53_loco/flash_header.S. But I read the assembly code difficulty.

Is anybody can tell me the detail methods? Thank you!

1 Solution
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You’ll need to adjust board memory size (PHYS_SDRAM_1_SIZE and PHYS_SDRAM_2_SIZE) in include/configs/mx53_loco.h (or appropriate config file for your board).

You'll need to look into ESDCTL register values configured in flash_header.S as they configure memory size but also memory timings, which often need to be adjusted when using different memory compared to what is on the dev. board.

Vladan

View solution in original post

1 Reply
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You’ll need to adjust board memory size (PHYS_SDRAM_1_SIZE and PHYS_SDRAM_2_SIZE) in include/configs/mx53_loco.h (or appropriate config file for your board).

You'll need to look into ESDCTL register values configured in flash_header.S as they configure memory size but also memory timings, which often need to be adjusted when using different memory compared to what is on the dev. board.

Vladan