cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cause a WDOG1

francescocamard
Contributor I

Hello,

I have a Sabre Auto Info based on imx6q booting from eMMC on the SD slot and I am monitoring the WDOG1_B signal for any anomalous boot issue. The linux BSP is poky.

The watch dog timer seems to be correctly enabled since I was already able to reboot the system using:

cat /dev/watchdog

insetad also removing the eMMC in the SD adapter during on phase the WDOG1_B dosen't reboot the board, what am I missing?

Thanks & Regards,

Francesco

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Francesco

for reliable wdog operation it may be recommended to perform

whole board reset (along with pmic), as it is done on Sabre schematic

SPF-27392 p.21 : WDOG_B, U507, PWRON

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

francescocamard
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

is the schematich for SD? I am using AI board.

I installed the watchdog pacakge enable the deamon load on runlevel 5 during power on and now i would like to test if it's working... simulating a some fail (removing/sata cable or sd card) and I would like to see the WDOG1_B go low to reset the board. Am I misinterpretating how it's work? I tested the "cat /dev/watchlog" and it's reboot the board w/o toggling the WDOG1_B

Thanks,

Francesco

0 Kudos