How to capture/get a jpeg image from a h264 video shared memory?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture/get a jpeg image from a h264 video shared memory?

rodrigopimentac
Contributor I

Hi.

I'm starting working in a software that uses video stream getting h264 video from a camera, writing it to a shared memory and than reading it from such memory to show it in the GUI. I'm new with GStreamer and it is version 1.8.3.

The C++ code that produces the content into the shared memory uses a pipe with the following characteristics:

Video source = imxv4l2src or imxv4l2videosrc (I'm not sure what exactly)

attributes: do-timestamp =true , fps-n=15

Video encoder = imxvpuenc_h264

attributes: idr-interval=3, bitrate=1536

Video sink = shmsink

attributes: socket-path=video_shared_tmp, wait-for-connection=true, shm-size=1000000, sync=false

The C++ code that access the shared memory to reproduce the video for the user uses a pipe with the following characteristics:

shmsrc socket-path=video_shared_tmp is-live=true do-timestamp=true ! h264parse ! imxvpudec ! imxipuvideotransform

It works very well. However, when I try to retrieve a unique jpeg picture (a photo) from the same shared memory, there is a error: "No valid frames decoded before end of stream".

The pipe I'm using to get the picture is like this:

shmsrc socket-path=video_shared_tmp is-live=true do-timestamp=true num-buffers=1 ! queue ! h264parse ! imxvpudec ! videorate ! video/x-raw,framerate=1/1 ! jpegenc ! filesink location=/temp/file.jpeg

What should I change in my pipe?

Any hint will be very helpful !!

Best regards.

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

refer to the VPU API,

JPEG tools
• MJPEG Baseline Process Encoder and Decoder
• Baseline ISO/IEC 10918-1 JPEG compliance
• Support 1 or 3 color components
• 3 component in a scan (interleaved only)
• 8 bit samples for each component
• Support 4:2:0, 4:2:2, 2:2:4, 4:4:4 and 4:0:0 color format (max. six 8x8 blocks in one MCU)
• Minimum encoding size is 16x16 pixels.

so first check your JPEG profile is Baseline or not, then try to use jpegdec instead of vpudec

0 Kudos