How to burn mx8qmmek pre-build image to SD card?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to burn mx8qmmek pre-build image to SD card?

Jump to solution
fei_4_xu
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a MCIMX8QM-CPU ( https://www.nxp.com/design/development-boards/i-mx-evaluation-and-development-boards/i-mx-8quadmax-m... ) board and I'm following the quick start guide (https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/get-started-with-the-i-mx-8quadmax-mek:GS-iMX-8QM-MEK )

I inserted the 16G SD which comes together with the MEK and boot, from the debug console, I found that the board can boot from SD card and the linux version is L4.x.

Then I downloaded the pre-build image of L5.4.24-2.1.0_images_MX8QMMEK.zip (L5.4 version), with the same 16G SD card inserted, I run uuu:

uuu.exe L5.4.24-2.1.0_images_MX8QMMEK.zip

It seemed to be successful and the log is:

uuu (Universal Update Utility) for nxp imx chips -- libuuu_1.3.130-0-g247629e

Success 1 Failure 0

1:1 8/ 8 [Done ] FB: done

But when I change the start dip switch back to 001100 and boot again, I found that the linux version is still L4.x. The SD card content seems to be unchanged.

I'd like to see how can I use the pre-build L5.x image to update (or burn) the sd card?

Fei

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

You can follow page 6 of uuu.pdf .The uuu.exe L5.4.24-2.1.0_images_MX8QMMEK.zip only support download to emmc. You need unzip the file ,and use :

uuu -b sd_all bootloader rootfs.sdcard 
uuu -b sd_all bootloader rootfs.sdcard.bz2

Best Regards,

Zhiming

View solution in original post

2 Replies
fei_4_xu
Contributor III

Thanks, I can confirm that the default uuu.exe L5.4.24-2.1.0_images_MX8QMMEK.zip has burn uboot and other files into emmc by testing with dip switch of 000100.

and I also confirmed that uuu -b sd_all imx-boot-imx8qmmek-sd.bin-flash imx-image-full-imx8qmmek.sdcard can burn image to sd card.

0 Kudos
Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

You can follow page 6 of uuu.pdf .The uuu.exe L5.4.24-2.1.0_images_MX8QMMEK.zip only support download to emmc. You need unzip the file ,and use :

uuu -b sd_all bootloader rootfs.sdcard 
uuu -b sd_all bootloader rootfs.sdcard.bz2

Best Regards,

Zhiming