How to burn LTIB generated files to SD card?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to burn LTIB generated files to SD card?

Jump to solution
haryono
Contributor III

Dear all,

This should be a straightforward question, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere.

I have 2 images after successfully running LTIB: initramfs.cpio.gz and initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot.

What should I do next to burn these "images" to SD card?
Do I need to use MfgTool?

Regards,

Hary

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Which board are you using?

For example: if you are using i.MX53QSB-R, please download the BSP documentation from the i.MX53QSB web page.

< http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=IMX53QSB >

Under "Documentation" page, download the IMX53_1109_LINUXDOCS_BUNDLE

In the bundle, there is the BSP user guide. Please read it for the details about creating images and downloading images to the SD card.

The SW1 on the board is DNP. If you put the switch on the board, you can change the boot mode. Then you can use the MFGtool to program the micro SD card. Otherwise, you need to use USB Card reader to program the micro SD card first and then plug the card back to the QSB board. For details, please read the "i.MX53 Quick Start Board-R Hardware Reference Manual" ( IMX53RQSBRM-R can be downloaded under "Documentation" page) .

You can download the MFGtool from the "Downloads" page of i.MX53QSB web page.

initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot is the MFGtool firmware used for MFGtool. Basically, this firmware had already existed in the MFGtool folder. You don't need to change it unless you have your own u-boot for your own designed board.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Which board are you using?

For example: if you are using i.MX53QSB-R, please download the BSP documentation from the i.MX53QSB web page.

< http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=IMX53QSB >

Under "Documentation" page, download the IMX53_1109_LINUXDOCS_BUNDLE

In the bundle, there is the BSP user guide. Please read it for the details about creating images and downloading images to the SD card.

The SW1 on the board is DNP. If you put the switch on the board, you can change the boot mode. Then you can use the MFGtool to program the micro SD card. Otherwise, you need to use USB Card reader to program the micro SD card first and then plug the card back to the QSB board. For details, please read the "i.MX53 Quick Start Board-R Hardware Reference Manual" ( IMX53RQSBRM-R can be downloaded under "Documentation" page) .

You can download the MFGtool from the "Downloads" page of i.MX53QSB web page.

initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot is the MFGtool firmware used for MFGtool. Basically, this firmware had already existed in the MFGtool folder. You don't need to change it unless you have your own u-boot for your own designed board.

0 Kudos
haryono
Contributor III

Hi Jimmy,

Yes, I'm using QSB, not sure it's the "R" type or other version (where to find it?)

And yes, you're right, those two files I refer to were "initramfs.cpio.gz" and "initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot"

I am trying to see if I can create the image and load it to the SD card. For now I just build the "minimal package" option, but later on I plan to create customized bundle.

I'll read the manual, sorry I didn't think I could find it in the manual.

Thanks a lot, Jimmy!

Regards,

Hary

0 Kudos
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The main different between QSB and QSB-R is the PMIC. On the QSB, the PMIC is DA9053. On the QSB-R, the PMIC is MC34708.

You can try to build the "FSL GNOME" profile.

Or you can try the Ubuntu Demo image which can  be downloaded from the i.MX53QSB web page.

To better understanding the LTIB, some LTIB commands may be useful for you.

1. ./ltib -c                  " go to LTIB configuration menu and then build the BSP"

2. ./ltib -m config        " go to LTIB configuration menu only"

3. ./ltib -m distclean    " remove all the object files"

4. ./ltib -m listpkgs      " list the LTIB packages with details info "

5. ./ltib --select           " go to the selection menu. you can select different i.MX processor and profile"

6. To exact the source code to <ltib>/rpm/BUILD/ . The source code package was stored in /opt/freescale/pkgs/.

./ltib -m prep -p <package name> 

7. You can modify the source code. Then rebuild the package by this command

./ltib -m scbuild -p <package name>

8. Re-install the package to the rootfs after rebuild successfully

./ltib -m scdeploy -p <package name>

9. The above "prep, scbuild and scdeploy" commands are controlled by the .spec file In the <ltib>/dist/lfs-5.1/<package name>/<package name>.spec .

haryono
Contributor III

Thank you so much! :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos