How to build the image with Qt eglfs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build the image with Qt eglfs

Mihan
Contributor IV

I want to use the gpu to improve the performance, But when I run my project with -platform eglfs, it doesn't work.

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "eglfs"
in "".

Available platform plugins are: minimal, offscreen, xcb.

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Aborted (core dumped)

what should I do, the image version is 4.1.15 with Qt 5.6.2

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

could you tell me what bsp version and backed you built? i.mx6DL board?

0 Kudos

Mihan
Contributor IV

Thanks joanxie

Sure, I use fsl-yocto-L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga with  DISTRO=fsl-imx-x11 machine=imx6qsabresd and bitbake fsl-image-qt5

Then I check the rootfs:/usr/lib/qt5/plugins/platforms/, there are xcb minimal and offscreen but eglfs

But as Wigros Sun said, it shall be built by DISTRO=fsl-imx-wayland, I'm trying.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

don't use wayland and x11, try to use FB, becasue FB uses eglfs as graphics plugin, wayland uses wayland-egl as default and x11 uses xcb

0 Kudos

Mihan
Contributor IV

Thanks joanxie

Now I have finished building and there is libeglfs.so. 

But there are a few question:

1. Seem there is no matchbox-desktop in it. Is matchbox only for X11?
  2. When I try starting my project with dbus, it show me error: "Not connected to D-Bus server". So should I run eval `dbus-launch --sh-syntax` or write it in /etc/profile ?
  3. I can run the project with -platform eglfs, but it seem still caton, I just load the rootfs by NFS but zimage and dtb, Shall I also load them?

Regards

Mihan

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

matchbox should be for x11, I haven't use dbus before, maybe for new question, you can create a new topic for this, I don't know what you mean caton, I don't know what your operation process, maybe you can download xxx.sdcard to your board,

I found test steps like:

" go to /usr/share/qt5/examples/opengl/hellogl_es2/

and execute the hellogl_es2 example like this:

./hellogl_es2 --platform eglfs

you will see that the app is properly loaded."

0 Kudos