How to build the NFC module/package in AOSP Marshmallow?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build the NFC module/package in AOSP Marshmallow?

jaymind
Contributor IV

Hello All,

When I have checked for the NFC adapter as explained here, there is no NFC adapter available on board. After digging in the code, got to know that "libNfcNCi.so" is not generating.

So, for the NFC adapter support it is necessary to build/compile the NFC package (the package name is "NfcNci" as per Android.mk file),

Is this correct?

The NFC package is located at "{Android_Source}/packages/apps/Nfc" path.

At the time of building the package using "mmm", shows error as below:

make: *** No rule to make target 'out/target/product/pico_6dq/obj/lib/libnfc-nci.so', needed by 'out/target/product/pico_6dq/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libnfc_nci_jni_intermediates/LINKED/libnfc_nci_jni.so'. Stop. 

What is the possible reason(s) of this error? And what other things I have to enable for NFC support?

System Environment:

The processor is i.MX6Q and Android version is Marshmallow. NFC reader is connected via SPI with the board. ".ko" and "nfc.default.so" are generated for the Kernel to HAL support.

Let me know, if further information require.

Thanks,

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jaymin,

NFC Reader Driver for android is I2C interface in hardware connections. And we have provide a porting document located in "https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11690.pdf".

If your hardware connections is SPI interface, you can use GPIO to emulate I2C bus, then port it to android according to the document.

Have a nice day!

TIC Weidong

jaymind
Contributor IV
0 Kudos