cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build the MFGtool firmware

bordonkuo
Contributor II

Dear all

I try to build the MFGtool firmware on IMX6_L5.1_2.1.0 for Android.

But I didn't find out the configuration for MFG, currently I use the command "make mx6qsabresdandroid_config" to build the bootloader.

Thanks

Labels (1)
7 Replies

bordonkuo
Contributor II

Our OS is android not yocto. Dose it support on Android?

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

It's OK. They are most the same:smileyhappy:.

Have a nice day

Dan

0 Kudos

bordonkuo
Contributor II

Could you tell me how to build the u-boot-mfgtool on Android ?

I did not see the configuration such as "mx6qsabresdmfg_config".

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi bordon kuo,

You can use the u-boot you build for your board, and in the newest BSP, mfgtool can use the same u-boot with the  normal u-boot for your board. You do not need to build the u-boot for mfgtool separately. They can use the same one.

Have a nice day

Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct  button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ,

You can refer to the thread in our community Yocto and Android 5.0 . Hope it can help you. About the IMX6_L5.1_2.1.0 BSP I have not run it, so I will confirm it for you.

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

One way to place an image on a device is to use the Manufacturing Tool, MFGTool. The recipes used to build a manufacturing tool image are linux-imx-mfgtool and u-boot-mfgtool.

To build a manufacturing image do the following :

$ bitbake fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs

You can follow sect.6.2 The Manufacturing Tool, MFGTool attached Yocto Guide.

Have a great day,
Dan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct  button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

bordonkuo
Contributor II

Our OS is android not yocto. Dose it support on Android?

0 Kudos