How to build right version ATF+OpteeOS+uboot on i.MX8MQ-EVK ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build right version ATF+OpteeOS+uboot on i.MX8MQ-EVK ?

Jump to solution
victoryu
Contributor III

How can I build right version ATF + OpteeOS + uboot on i.MX8Mq-EVK board ? I try imx-atf + imx-optee-os + uboot-imx and imx-mkimge, not any branch is run OK. 

Tags (1)
1 Solution
matthias_staube
Contributor II

Please navigate to the following link and download the archive containing Linux Documentation:

https://www.nxp.com/design/i.mx-developer-resources/i.mx-software-and-development-tool:IMX-SW

Inside you will find "i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide". Please follow the instructions to setup a Ubuntu host with the yocto environment. You can then build a SD-Card image and flash it. ATF is required on imx 8 and enabled through imx-atf by default. optee-os requires u-boot SPL to load it, which is used by default with imx8m, as well as optee-os itself. You can try running xtest to see if it is operational. If you use the yocto build, you don't need to run imx-mkimage manually. To be sure, check the output of "bitbake -e <YOUR_IMAGE> | grep IMAGE_INSTALL=.*optee", since packagegroup-fsl-optee must be included in your image, which happens if DISTRO_FEATURES and MACHINE_FEATURES include "optee".

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
matthias_staube
Contributor II

Please navigate to the following link and download the archive containing Linux Documentation:

https://www.nxp.com/design/i.mx-developer-resources/i.mx-software-and-development-tool:IMX-SW

Inside you will find "i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide". Please follow the instructions to setup a Ubuntu host with the yocto environment. You can then build a SD-Card image and flash it. ATF is required on imx 8 and enabled through imx-atf by default. optee-os requires u-boot SPL to load it, which is used by default with imx8m, as well as optee-os itself. You can try running xtest to see if it is operational. If you use the yocto build, you don't need to run imx-mkimage manually. To be sure, check the output of "bitbake -e <YOUR_IMAGE> | grep IMAGE_INSTALL=.*optee", since packagegroup-fsl-optee must be included in your image, which happens if DISTRO_FEATURES and MACHINE_FEATURES include "optee".

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
victoryu
Contributor III

Hi  Matthias,

I can't find the document "i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide" in the link https://www.nxp.com/design/i.mx-developer-resources/i.mx-software-and-development-tool:IMX-SW . Can you give me more actual link ? Thank you.

0 Kudos
matthias_staube
Contributor II

This document is included inside an archive containing multiple documents. I cannot, at least to my current knowledge, link to only a specific one. However, if you follow my previous instructions, you should be able to acquire the document. For example, you could try this Archive (I'm not sure which version you would need):

0 Kudos
victoryu
Contributor III

Mathias,

I got it and finished this issue. Thank your help.