How to build apr-1.5.2 for i.MX6 SABRE Yocto Linux ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build apr-1.5.2 for i.MX6 SABRE Yocto Linux ?

kriszawada
Contributor III

What options needs to be passed to the "./configure" to correctly build the apr-1.5.2 library.  Has anyone attempted this?

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

is there any error message?

0 Kudos

kriszawada
Contributor III

Yes, there is an error message.  I'm building apr-1.5.2.

I've gone through the following steps so far:

1) Configure the environment for arm-poky-linux-gnueabi

kris@kris-OptiPlex-7010:~/Downloads/apr-1.5.2$ pwd/home/kris/Downloads/apr-1.5.2
kris@kris-OptiPlex-7010:~/Downloads/apr-1.5.2$ cd /opt/poky/1.7/
kris@kris-OptiPlex-7010:/opt/poky/1.7$ . environment-setup-cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi 
kris@kris-OptiPlex-7010:/opt/poky/1.7$ cd /home/kris/Downloads/apr-1.5.2
kris@kris-OptiPlex-7010:~/Downloads/apr-1.5.2$

2) Call the configure for apr-1.5.2

kris@kris-OptiPlex-7010:~/Downloads/apr-1.5.2$ sudo ./configure --prefix=/opt/poky/1.7/sysroots/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr       \
>             $CONFIGURE_FLAGS &&
> make

The first problem I am trying to resolve is that it fails the "arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc" test:

checking for arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc... no
checking for gcc... gcc

Attached are two logs.  Why is it not able to verify "arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc"?  Is my version of the tools "1.7" just old and out of date?

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

poky - Poky Build Tool and Metadata 

Have you add toolchain into PATH?

0 Kudos

kriszawada
Contributor III

There environment path and most of the other variables are already set by calling "environment-setup-cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi".

It is something else.  Need to look at the apr configure file to figure out why it cannot pass the compiler test.

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

sl-imx-x11' whole folder to /opt.
5. cd /opt/fsl-imx-x11/4.1.15-2.0.0/, run 'source environment-setup-cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi'
6. go to apr-1.5.2 folder, run the ./configure with your parameters, then it should work. 
0 Kudos

kriszawada
Contributor III

First, how is it that you are using 4.1.15_2.0.0 BSP?  When I try to get it I get the following error:

kris@ubuntu74:~/fsl-release-bsp$ repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-4.1.15-2.0.0_ga
fatal: Couldn't find remote ref refs/heads/imx-4.1.15-2.0.0_ga

Then when I look at the web link fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git - i.MX Linux BSP Release Yocto Project manifests , I can see the the latest version of it is imx-4.1.15-1.0.0_ga.

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can get it from here :

i.MX 6 / i.MX 7 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP 

Please download the document " Linux 4.1.15_2.0.0 BSP & Multimedia Codecs Documentation " for more details

0 Kudos