cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build and use emulator for imx8m board

msingh1920
Contributor V

Hi Sir,

I am using imx8m mini EVK and Andriod 9.0 AOSP version.

I am successfully able to download and build the AOSP for imx8 EVK board and it is working fine. 

To build the AOSP for imx8mm evk I used below commands -

$ source build/envsetup.sh

$ lunch evk_8mm-userdebug

$ make 2>&1 | tee build-log.txt

But I want to use emulator for my some development and testing activity.

When i execute emulator command   -

$ emulator

then emulator opens but it is not booting and working at all.

In some blogs and AOSP documentation it is mentioned that it will work for - lunch aosp_x86_64-eng

But I want to use emulator with my imx8 mini EVK board. i.e. - lunch evk_8mm-userdebug

Please suggest how can I use emulator for my imx8MM build i.e. for ->  lunch evk_8mm-userdebug 

What all changes and setting will be required for doing it.

Thanks & Regards,

Maneesh

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

emras
Contributor I

Hi,

How did you port the latest android to imx8?

I am at the beginning of android system dev, could you give me some advises?

I have download the aosp and built it and run it on the emulator, I have  not decided the next step, any advice will be appreciated,

Thank you for your time

Best regards

0 Kudos

msingh1920
Contributor V

Hi,

Any Suggestions over my above question ?

Thanks,

Maneesh

0 Kudos

msingh1920
Contributor V

Hi Sir,

As I mentioned in my above post that I am successfully able to compile all of the AOSP Source codes for imx8 Mini Board

and able to test it on my imx8m Mini EVK board.

But when I try to launch emulator on my ubuntu linux, the emulator window appeared but it remain blacked out forever.

Here is the command -

$ emulator

Is it possible to launch imx8 mini  AOSP and their Android framework on Android emulator?

If possible, what is the steps for it ? or is there an alternative way to do emulation?

NOTE -

In some blogs and AOSP documentation it is mentioned that it will work for - lunch aosp_x86_64-eng

But When I downloaded the AOSP and Try to build it from lunch aosp_x86_64-eng command then it gives error saying  -

/bin/bash: -c: line 0: `echo -e "\033[1mvendor/nxp-opensource/fsl_imx_demo/Ethernet/Android.mk: \033[31merror:\033[0m\033[1m" ethernet: Specifies both LOCAL_SDK_VERSION (system_current) and LOCAL_PRIVATE_PLATFORM_APIS (current) but should specify only one "\033[0m" >&2'
build/make/core/sdk_check.mk:34: error: done.
14:57:53 ckati failed with: exit status 1

Steps I followed to download and build the AOSP from NXP Website for imx8 -

$ repo init -u https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest.git -b imx-android-pie -m imx-p9.0.0_2.0.0-ga.xml

$ repo sync

$ source build/envsetup.sh

$ lunch evk_8mm-userdebug

$ make 2>&1 | tee build-log.txt

Now my question is ->

1. How to use emulator with this AOSP build which is generated by above commands?

2. How to build this downloaded AOSP source code for lunch aosp_x86_64-eng ?

3. From where to download raw AOSP source code for Android Pie without any changes from NXP ?

Thanks,

Maneesh

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately, the emulation and the aosp_x86_64-eng device is not supported by our BSP. I apologize for the inconvenience this could give you.

However, you can download the ASOP code with any changes in the following git.

repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-9.0.0_r35  # This branch is the revision that our latest Android version uses.

repo sync

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos