How to boot from spi flash?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to boot from spi flash?

embed_wu
Contributor II

Now,I want to write uboot_ivt.sb into spi flash, write the kernel and rootfs into NANDFLASH. But I just saw a tool "Mfgtools" to write imx28_ivt_linux.sb and rootfs.tar.bz2 into SD and NANDFLASH. Who can help me how to write uboot_ivt.sb into the spi flash?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

embed_wu
Contributor II

Thanks!According to your tips,imx28_ivt_linux.sb had been writen into the SPI norflash.Then I jumper to SPI2 start, but no information.In my opinion, the imx28_ivt_linux.sb can start from NANDFLASH, should be able to start from the SPI NOR.
IMX28 can not use the uboot and directly support imx28_ivt_linux.sb.
William Huang said:

Hi,

Please try below command and it could be found in rootfs once the i.MX28EVK has been boot. However, it has to build the "Test and Develop profile" in Ltib, then you could type the mtdxxx and see it.

burn SPI NOR-Flash memory
mtd_debug erase /dev/mtd0 0x0 0x400000
mtd_debug write /dev/mtd0 0x0 <data length> <full_path>imx28_ivt_linux.sb

0 Kudos

embed_wu
Contributor II
I use SPI NOR model AT45DB321D, I looked at you for giving me a link, in order to make the chip work, I need to modify these files?
0 Kudos

WilliamHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

Did you try this http://imxcommunity.org/group/spansion steps on your code?

0 Kudos

embed_wu
Contributor II
Thanks William! According to your tips,imx28_ivt_linux.sb had been writen into the SPI norflash.Then I jumper to SPI2 start, but no information
0 Kudos

WilliamHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please try below command and it could be found in rootfs once the i.MX28EVK has been boot. However, it has to build the "Test and Develop profile" in Ltib, then you could type the mtdxxx and see it.

burn SPI NOR-Flash memory
mtd_debug erase /dev/mtd0 0x0 0x400000
mtd_debug write /dev/mtd0 0x0 <data length> <full_path>imx28_ivt_linux.sb

0 Kudos