cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to bitbake a xf86-input-mtev package

ivannikolaenko
Contributor IV

Hello.

I need to install a multitouch driver xf86-input-mtev into filesystem. But when I do "bitbake xf86-input-mtev" I see an error:

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'xf86-input-mtev'

ERROR: xf86-input-mtev was skipped: Recipe is blacklisted: BROKEN: doesn't build with B!=S (Makefile without /home/i_nikolaenko/devel/freescale/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/xf86-input-mtev/2_1.0.0+gitrAUTOINC+1eb469166f-r21.0/git in sed call)

I tried to manually clear PNBLACKLIST string, but it does not help me and another error is appeared:

| sed: can't read Makefile: No such file or directory

| WARNING: /home/i_nikolaenko/devel/freescale/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/xf86-input-mtev/2_1.0.0+gitrAUTOINC+1eb469166f-r21.0/temp/run.do_configure.21534:1 exit 2 from

|   sed 's#gcc#arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv7-a -marm -mthumb-interwork -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -mtune=cortex-a9 --sysroot=/home/i_nikolaenko/devel/freescale/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/sysroots/imx6qsabresd#g' -i Makefile

| ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at /home/i_nikolaenko/devel/freescale/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/xf86-input-mtev/2_1.0.0+gitrAUTOINC+1eb469166f-r21.0/temp/log.do_configure.21534)

How can I bitbake this package?

Message was edited by: Ivan Nikolaenko

Labels (5)
Tags (2)
6 Replies

OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

Hello ivannikolaenko​,

The recipe needs to be fixed for build and later you need to include the package into the rootfs; it is hard to provide guidance without debugging the issue myself but it seems a problem with "out of tree" build. Check the Makefiles to see if you find this out.

Best Regards,

ivannikolaenko
Contributor IV

Ok, I extracted sources of xf86-input-mtev from BSP, moved them to the SabreSD board, patched with fixme.patch. After some modifications I successfully built a mtev.so. Unfortunately, I can't check it and I would be grateful if someone will do.

If you need to buildxf86-input-mtev, do the following:

1. Clone repository https://github.com/morphis/xf86-input-mtev.git​ ;

2. Apply attached patch;

3. Make;

0 Kudos

ivannikolaenko
Contributor IV

Hello, OtavioSalvador

Could you help me with my problem?

Best regards.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please refer to the following :

i.MX Yocto Project: How do I add an existing package to an image?

Also, general information may be found at

https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/community

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ivannikolaenko
Contributor IV

Hello.

I am interested in how to build a package, not install and add to an existing image.
When I try to bitbake xf86-input-mtev package I get

ERROR: xf86-input-mtev was skipped: Recipe is blacklisted: BROKEN: doesn't build with B!=S (Makefile without /home/i_nikolaenko/devel/freescale/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/xf86-input-mtev/2_1.0.0+gitrAUTOINC+1eb469166f-r21.0/git in sed call)

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

To build a package separately You may try to setup corectly

environment and to build at least minimal system first.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos