How to analyze OpenCL application on IMX6Q?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to analyze OpenCL application on IMX6Q?

ali_sarlak
Contributor III

Hello community,

I know how to analyze (profile) GPU base application (app which uses OpenGL ES or OpenVG) on IMX6Q but how to analyze (profile) OpenCL application or some apps that use indirectly OpenCL as their backend like OpenCV (When you build the library with "WITH_OPENCL" configuration)?

Imagine that you have two specific algorithms which run on GC2000 with OpenCL how to analyzing them and choose the best one?in fact I need a tool like "vAnalyser" or something like that to show how my custom algorithm use the hardware.

Extra Info that may help

-------------------------------------------

Target:   IMX6Q

OpenCL: OpenCL v1.1

-------------------------------------------

Yours,

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Ali,

The only tools that you can use are the Vivante Tools, since the GPU it is the part of the SoC that would be in use during the OpenCL application, so in order  to get the data only vAnalyzer would be your tool. 

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ali_sarlak
Contributor III

Dear jamesbone‌,

Thanks for your reply, as you know, to profile a graphic base application on imx6q, after setting the right configuration, when you run a graphic base application such as OpenGL apps or OpenVG apps they should make a file with "vpd" extension that is necessary to analyzing the application, unfortunately when OpenCL app run on imx6q it cannot make any vpd file, so I cannot analyze it by vAnalyzer.(unlike OpenGL app that make vpd file and vAnalyzer show the file nicely)

Is there any special settings which should be set for OpenCL app to make vpd file?

Best Regards,

Ali

0 Kudos