How to allocate IPU output buffer?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to allocate IPU output buffer?

Tarek
Senior Contributor I

mxc_ipu_lib_task_init() is suppose to allocate IPU output memory because the pointer passed in is null.

(gdb) print pIpuInfo->ipu_handle

$6 = {inbuf_start = {0x0, 0x0, 0x0}, ovbuf_start = {0x0, 0x0}, ovbuf_alpha_start = {0x0, 0x0}, outbuf_start = {0x0, 0x0, 0x0}, ifr_size = 0,

ovfr_size = 0, ovfr_alpha_size = 0, ofr_size = 0, priv = 0x0}

After calling the init function the pointer is still pointing to 0x0 which is resulting in segmentation fault after decoding the first frame and attempting to memcpy from decoder buffer to IPU buffer.

FB_RENDER_MEMCPY(pIpuInfo->YUV[0],pY,ySize);

Do I need to make the following call myself?

mxc_ipu_lib_task_control(IPU_CTL_ALLOC_MEM, (void *)(&mem), NULL);

For reference I have printed the reset of the parameters passed to mxc_ipu_lib_task_init():

(gdb) print pIpuInfo->sInParam

$8 = {width = 320, height = 256, fmt = 808596553, motion_sel = MED_MOTION, input_crop_win = {pos = {x = 0, y = 0}, win_w = 320, win_h = 256},   user_def_paddr = {0, 0, 0}}

(gdb) print pIpuInfo->sOutParam

$9 = {width = 240, height = 320, fmt = 1346520914, rot = 0, user_def_paddr = {0, 0, 0}, show_to_fb = 1, fb_disp = {pos = {x = 0, y = 0}, fb_num = 1},   output_win = {pos = {x = 0, y = 0}, win_w = 320, win_h = 256}}

(gdb) print mode

$10 = 16

Thanks

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

imxcommunitysco
Senior Contributor II

Tarek,

I don't know which version of kernel you are using. In user space we are using ioctl for IPU_ALLOC to get the DMA buffers.  e.g. ioctl(fd_ipu, IPU_ALLOC, &val), val is the size of allocated buffer as an input, and the physical address of the buffer as the output.

Thanks,

Ray

0 Kudos

yanntinaugus
Contributor II

Hey Ray,

I am currently working on the IMX6. And I also need allocation of buffer but in kernel space.

How should I do ? Is that the same command ?

Thanks is advance for your help,

Best regards,

Yann.

0 Kudos

Tarek
Senior Contributor I

Hi Ray,

I'm using 3.0.35 Freescale kernel. Looks like the ioctl(fd_ipu,IPU_ALLOC,&val) is the correct way of allocating the memory.

One more question: How do I enable debugging message from the IPU driver?

Thanks,

Tarek

0 Kudos

imxcommunitysco
Senior Contributor II

same as others, we are using dev_dbg as the debug info print function.

you need to enable DEBUG to open the debug option, then set the debuglevel in your bootloader should be okay.

Regards,

Ray

0 Kudos