cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add ssi in TDM (network) mode to device tree imx6

jesseforgues
Contributor I

How to add ssi in TDM (network) mode to device tree imx6

Since the above issue was answered I was curious of anyone had a Device Tree example of using the SSI in TDM (network) mode.

I am trying to use 2 or 3 SSIs to do 8 channels of TDM on each (due to 8ch TDM codec limitations/ AK5388).

0 Kudos
8 Replies

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The iMX6 Sabre Auto platforms supports CS42800 which has a 8 channel playback capability. CS42888 codec uses ESAI interface, and the driver enabled TDM.

It is worth taking a look at it. In the above link Fabio provided the answer, FabioEstevam​, do you have something that can help Jesse?

Best Regards,

/Alejandro

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Current SSI driver only supports up to two channels. ESAI driver supports multichannel.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

0 Kudos

josbijma
Contributor II

Hi,

Are there any developments going on to support mulichannel with SSI? We need 4 channel support with SSI interface and cannot use ESAI due to pinout.

Or could you give some pointers what we need to do to develop multichannel support in the SSI-driver?

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jos,

I am not aware of any current activities in this area.

I would suggest to trying to understand from a register level what are the required configurations to get this mode working and then implement it in the ssi driver.

Unfortunately I don't have any hardware that can support such mode here.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

0 Kudos

jesseforgues
Contributor I

I see, can you clarify a few things. So the current SSI driver only supports 2 channels.

Wasn't multichannel TDM supported in the SSI driver at one point prior to 3.10? (prior to device tree)

According to the ref manual the hardware can support it but the software support is no longer present?

Is this correct?

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jesse,

Just looked at the 3.0 driver and it also does not support multichannel.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

0 Kudos

jesseforgues
Contributor I

And just to share why, I am already using the ESAI port for another codec.

0 Kudos

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks Fabio!!

0 Kudos