Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add qt-gfx-transformed driver/plugin to Qt for Embedded 4.8.5 project

Jump to solution
alvind
Contributor III

Hello,

I am building a Qt for Embedded app using the latest Qt Creator, but I am using the toolchain for Qt for Embedded 4.8.5. I want to run the app on a 3.5 inch screen (320x240). I built the toolchain using Bitbake via "bitbake meta-toolchain-qte". I'd like my app to rotate 90 degrees at start, and I found out that to do this, you run the app like this: "./myapp -qws -display transformed:rot90".

I know I have to add the -qt-gfx-transformed driver, and what I did initially was to look inside my Yocto Project directory(build-x11/tmp/sysroots/imx6qsabresd/usr/lib/qtopia/plugins/gfxdrivers) and found the library "libqgfxtransformed.so". I added this library via "Add Library" option, and added the said library to the target platform's /usr/lib/ folder, but when I tried running my app using the previously mentioned command for rotating, an error saying "transformed: driver not found".

I've come across this method of loading plugins dynamically: http://developer.nokia.com/community/wiki/Loading_and_initialising_a_Qt_plug-in_dynamically, but I am not sure if this applies to my situation. I also downloaded http://download.qt.io/archive/qt/4.8/4.8.5/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5.tar.gz, untarred it and configured it this way:

$ source /<Qt4e-toolchain-directory>/environment-setup-cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi

$ ./configure -embedded arm -prefix ./installdir -qt-gfx-transformed -little-endian -host-little-endian -xplatform linux-arm-gnueabi-g++ -platform qws/linux-x86_64-g++

But all I received were errors in qmake like this: /qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/bin/qmake: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

I am trying to build for a custom embedded board based on the i.MX6Q SABRE SD, and my host platform runs Ubuntu 64-bit.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

Labels (4)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
alvind
Contributor III

I already solved this by adding 'libqgfxtransformed.so' to the target's /usr/lib/qtopia/plugins/gfxdrivers/ folder.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
alvind
Contributor III

I already solved this by adding 'libqgfxtransformed.so' to the target's /usr/lib/qtopia/plugins/gfxdrivers/ folder.

0 Kudos