cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access Nand Flash in O.S

kishorepoojari
Contributor III

Hello All,

We are working on I.mx233 processor with free scale provided BSP, As per the current requirement once O.S is come up in the device , If any Update is available (New Firmaware is stored in SD card)  , then we have copy boot loader and O.S to nand flash. But We are unable to access Flash Media Driver Functions "FMD_Init / FMD_Read"  which is implemented in the

".....\COMMON_FSL_V2_PDK1_8\NAND\FMDCOMMON\BIG_SECTOR_INTERLEAVE\fmd.cpp" . If we use this function  in one of the driver , It throws

"LNK2019: unresolved external symbol FMD_Init...." .

How to access Flash Media Driver Functions in other driver ...?

How to access particular sector in the nand flash          ...?

Please any one help me sort out this issue.

Regards,

Kishore P

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We have no such option supported. I mean the OS has no option to update its image itself.

However you can create the driver based on MFG tool (Manufacturing Tool) source codes.

Have a great day,

Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------