How to Supply Added VDD_MEMC Current?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Supply Added VDD_MEMC Current?

kevinl
Contributor II

In latest released datasheet it shows VDD_MEMC current at 3.2A, but PF8x00 datasheet shows VDD_MEMC supplied by BUCK5 with 2.5A capability? Is the VDD_MEMC no longer supplied by PF8x00 BUCK5?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have check with the PMIC product engineers and they let me know that they are tightening the spec of SW5 to ensure the Current limit can support the 3.2A in the MEMC, this is the write up from the MCU team.

In coordination with the 8100/8200 PMIC family, the i.MX8 MEMC increase to 3.2A will be supplied by the PMIC SW5 peak current limit increasing from 3.6A to 3.9A. This is in respect to the peak current on the inductor of 3.9A.

SW5 will reflect a max 2.5A nominal current, but the platform will still be able to operate in noted specifications of 3.2A max current, but can supply peak current up to 3.9A.

It is important for customers to set the SW5_ILIM[1:0] = 11 to select the maximum current limit on this block. Since the 3.9A current limit in the SW5 regulator is with respect to the INDUCTOR PEAK CURRENT.

The max current required by the i.MX 8 (3.2A) is ensured by the maximum DC current supplied by the SW5 before entering current limitation.

ILIM – (IRIPPLE/2) ≈  3.9A-(0.5A/2) = 3.65A

A Customer Information Notification (CIN) will be published by the PMIC team to reflect the change in the datasheet rev 9.0 with SW5 from 3.6A to 3.9A peak current limit.

Regards,

Jose

NXP Semiconductors

0 Kudos