How to Accessing the peripheral of imx8mm J1003 expansion connector in Android OS in imx8m mini evk

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Accessing the peripheral of imx8mm J1003 expansion connector in Android OS in imx8m mini evk

Ruban1
Contributor II

How to Accessing the peripheral of imx8mm J1003 expansion connector in Android OS in imx8m mini evk board for I2C,UART,SPI communication (from UI) .

I tried using below links

https://developer.android.com/things/sdk/pio/gpio

https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/embedded/android/oreo/cc6/android_r_apix-gpio

this was provided by one of your colleague

There was some restriction whic i was not able to find

I tried using Android Studio and built and Application using Android things but when i start the Application it got crashed 

I tried normal application in Android Studio

Process suProcess;

suProcess = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("su");

Even this procedure also did not work

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In order to access to the GPIOs, the link that you are using from DIGI it is correct, but that it is considering other hardware, not the EVK,  if you like to use the EVK, you need also to register the GPIO in the Device tree,  (DTS file) of the board,  in order to get all the HW GPIO pins available for User.  

The code from Android Things, does not work and it is not going to work because it is a completly another way to work and it is not compatible with Android "regular"

0 Kudos

Ruban1
Contributor II

Can you suggest the link which considering imx8mm EVK hardware.

May i know how to register the GPIO in the Device tree  (DTS file) of the board.

Because i tried to add or export one GPIO in imx8mm-evk.dts file inside &iomux 

pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_hog_1>;

pinctrl_hog_1: hoggrp-1{
fsl,pins = <
MX8MM_IOMUXC_SAI5_RXD3_GPIO3_IO24 0x41
>;
};

when i build completely using ./imx-make.sh 

then create partition in SD and booted from SD card but when ls /sys/class/gpio

GPIO was not updated same what was ther oly reflected new GPIO88 was not displayed

it is not compatible with Android "regular" .then it means i cannot use Android Studio regular to access GPIO.

0 Kudos