How should I make IMX53 processor run at full speed.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I make IMX53 processor run at full speed.

Jump to solution
swaraj
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a application, which runs very slow on IMX53 ubuntu 10.04. To meet my requirements I should run processor at high speed, so that it processes my SDIO device faster.

What should I do to make processor run at very speed?

I'm already running the SDIO at higher clock speed (50MHz), but still that is not sufficient for me to process. Currently IMX processor is running at 300MHz, So I thought of increasing this processing speed by running processor at higher speed.

Can anyone help me in running the SDIO device at higher speed to achieve desired result.

Thanks

Swaraj

Labels (2)
1 Solution
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When you say SDIO device, do you mean SD card? SD cards can go up to 52MHz in speed, and 4-bit wide data transfer, so their performance will be limited (if you record a lot of data SD cards with higher speed class might help a little).

For more speed, you'll need to look into using NAND, eMMC or SATA/SSD for storage.

cpufreq is one of the tools that can be used to change CPU frequency on the fly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When you say SDIO device, do you mean SD card? SD cards can go up to 52MHz in speed, and 4-bit wide data transfer, so their performance will be limited (if you record a lot of data SD cards with higher speed class might help a little).

For more speed, you'll need to look into using NAND, eMMC or SATA/SSD for storage.

cpufreq is one of the tools that can be used to change CPU frequency on the fly.

0 Kudos