How many camera inputs can be used in IMX6 Quad simultaneously?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many camera inputs can be used in IMX6 Quad simultaneously?

Jump to solution
ivyliu
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am now using IMX6 Quad.

I know it support 2 parallel ports and 1 MIPI port.

IMX6 Quad has 2 IPUs.

Could you please tell me can it use these 3 ports simultaneously?

If it can, is it right that  MIPI and 1 parallel use 1 IPU and the other parallel use another IPU?

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Ivy

Labels (3)
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The i.MX6Quad processor has three camera ports, physically routed out of the chip: two parallel ones (IPU1_CSI0 and IPU2_CSI1) and one MIPI CSI. The MIPI CSI port input can be routed to any of the two IPUs with so-called MIPI_CSI-to-IPU gasket module. And, yes, you can use all these three ports simultaneously.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The i.MX6Quad processor has three camera ports, physically routed out of the chip: two parallel ones (IPU1_CSI0 and IPU2_CSI1) and one MIPI CSI. The MIPI CSI port input can be routed to any of the two IPUs with so-called MIPI_CSI-to-IPU gasket module. And, yes, you can use all these three ports simultaneously.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ivyliu
Contributor IV

Hi Igor and Artur,

Thank you very much for the prompt reply!!

Best Regards,

Ivy

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ivy

you are right: two IPUs and each has two CSI :

1.jpg

In general you can connect 4 cameras to the MIPI CSI-2 interface.

For this you have to multiplex the four streams in an FPGA.

Each camera in this case should use a different stream

identifier (stream 0-3),  4 data streams can the be distributed across

the 4 CSI.

Best regards

igor

ivyliu
Contributor IV

Hi Igor,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply!!

Best Regards,

Ivy

0 Kudos