How enable LCD8000-43T touch screen with i.MX7 M6.0.1_2.1.0 image?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How enable LCD8000-43T touch screen with i.MX7 M6.0.1_2.1.0 image?

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

I have a question about i.MX7 SABRE.
I programmed android_M6.0.1_2.1.0_image_7dsabresd image to SD card with MFG tool, and booted it.
However, touch panel on LCD8000-43T was not work even though image was displayed on screen.
Would you let me know how enable LCD8000-43T touch screen?

Best Regards,
Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Satoshi,

What version of the board do you have? Rev C and later have jumpers J36-J39 that need to be shorted in order for the touch to work.

Additionally, you could double check if the DTB file that you are using really enables the touch (it is just required changing the DTB, not rebuilding the complete image).

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mike_susen
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Satoshi,

Short pins 1-2 on jumper JP1 on sabre board.

Michal

0 Kudos
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply,

But JP1 1-2 pins have been shorted as the attached image.

IMG_0296.JPG

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Satoshi,

Have you selected the proper DTB file to enable the LCD screen? Or is your problem that just the touch is not working but the screen is properly displaying the image?

Best regards!

/Carlos

0 Kudos
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

I'm using android_M6.0.1_2.1.0_image_7dsabresd image without any change, so DTB file is not changed from default.

> Or is your problem that just the touch is not working but the screen is properly displaying the image?

Yes, my problem is just the touch since image is displayed properly.

The touch is not enabled by android_M6.0.1_2.1.0_image_7dsabresd?

In the case, I have to build a image which enables the touch.

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Satoshi,

What version of the board do you have? Rev C and later have jumpers J36-J39 that need to be shorted in order for the touch to work.

Additionally, you could double check if the DTB file that you are using really enables the touch (it is just required changing the DTB, not rebuilding the complete image).

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos