How do you install a new OS on I.MX 515 ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you install a new OS on I.MX 515 ?

victorwokili
Contributor I

Hello all,

I am a novice with putting an OS on a board. So I would like to get a guide on how to flash a new OS.The current OS that's installed is Windows CE 6. The OS I am trying to flash is either Linux BSP L3.0.35v or Android KitKat 4.4.2.

In summary, I am trying to :

• Get a detailed guide on installing Linux BSP L3.0.35v or Android KitKat 4.4.2 (what windows software to use, steps to take)

Thank You for your time

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi victor,

The i.MX515 is old product by now no new BSP update for it. You can refer to the follow BSP I send to you.

About the Linux BSP L3.0.35v and Android KitKat 4.4.2 I share the document and souce code to you. About the linux L3.0.35 version BSP you can use the old LTIB to build, the BSP is for i.MX6 but in the environment include the i.MX515.

Link: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1fQgJ7ta3wIMumN5w8kjOJA Password: s8f2

Hope this can do help for you

Have a nice day

Rita

victorwokili
Contributor I

??

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi victor,

So sorry about the android 4.4.2.0.1 for i.MX515 we do not have test and no released documents for it. You need to do porting yourself, and you can refer to the newest andorid BSP released for i.MX515.

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos

victorwokili
Contributor I

Thank You Rita!

Like I said I have no technical background on how to perform this.

I was trying to download android but it looks like the file you gave me was for android 4.4.2.0.1 which was a n incremental upgrade. There was no guide as to how to build an image, download, flash an OS and other important steps. 

could you please help me out with this?

0 Kudos