How do i backport to kitkat from Lollipop ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i backport to kitkat from Lollipop ?

Jump to solution
lajeshd
Contributor I

I have an IMX6 based board running Lollipop . How do i back port it to Lollipop ?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I’m afraid that we don’t have any reference document for the process that you are mentioning. However, it is theoretically possible to implement, but it will be a manual process that will require rebuilding the desired Android version from the AOSP using the kernel of interest.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You could download the Kitkat BSP from the following link:

i.MX 6Quad SABRE Development Board|NXP

Then, it will be required to download the image to the board, using either MFGTool, or dd command on a Linux computer (if SD card is the bootable media).

For more information, you could refer to section 6.1 “Flashing an SD card image” of “Freescale Yocto Project User's Guide” document. For the MFGtool usage, please refer to section 4.2.2 “Using MFGTool” of “i.MX Linux User's Guide” document.

Best regards!
/Carlos
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
lajeshd
Contributor I

Thanks Carlos.  But my requirement is like while back porting i would like to preserve my kernel changes.

Its like Lollipop is based on Kernel 3.16 and Kitkat 3.10. My question is like if i am flashing with Kitkat.

Can i have the Kernel version 3.16 there ? Do you have any references how we can do this ?

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I’m afraid that we don’t have any reference document for the process that you are mentioning. However, it is theoretically possible to implement, but it will be a manual process that will require rebuilding the desired Android version from the AOSP using the kernel of interest.

Best regards!
/Carlos