How do I prevent the LCD from turning off after 20 min ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I prevent the LCD from turning off after 20 min ?

Jump to solution
ottoblom
Contributor III

We have a LVDS LCD working using the imx_lbd driver, however it insists on turning off about 15 minutes after power-up. Any ideas on how to turn off this "feature" ? I have tried

echo -e '\033[9;0]' > /dev/tty1

echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank

echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb1/blank

echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb2/blank

echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb3/blank

and that did not help. We are using a i.MX6Q on the Linux 3.0.35-4.1.0 BSP. Gnome is not used

Any help would be appreciated

/Otto

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
PeterChan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Otto,

By default, the blank interval of a terminal is 10 minutes and the screen will automatically blank when the terminal has no activity after this interval.

You can goto the file "linux/drivers/tty/vt/vt.c" and change the static global "blankinterval" to 0 and then rebuild the kernel. Alternatively. if your build has added the "util-linux" package, you can use command "setterm -blank 0" to disable this feature.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PeterChan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Otto,

By default, the blank interval of a terminal is 10 minutes and the screen will automatically blank when the terminal has no activity after this interval.

You can goto the file "linux/drivers/tty/vt/vt.c" and change the static global "blankinterval" to 0 and then rebuild the kernel. Alternatively. if your build has added the "util-linux" package, you can use command "setterm -blank 0" to disable this feature.

0 Kudos
ottoblom
Contributor III

Excellent, thank you!

0 Kudos
isaac_ng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Otto,

You could also refer to this link to add the bootargs to send to kernel to disable the auto blank.

Linux disable framebuffer auto blank by uboot bootargs

Regards, Isaac.

ottoblom
Contributor III

That's good to know. Thanks Isaac !

0 Kudos