How do I change the partition layout of a .sdcard image?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the partition layout of a .sdcard image?

Jump to solution
joerutledge
Contributor III

I would like to change the partition layout of the .sdcard image so that I have the bootable FAT partition, two O/S partitions and an additional one extendible partition for home filling the rest of the card. Is this possible by overriding some variables or a recipe from somewhere, or is this going to require a more fundamental approach? It doesn't seem like there's any support for doing this, so any pointers would be valuable!

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

More or less yes. I would base my new class on the one from freescale but would name it differently so my conf file could have:

IMAGE_CLASSES += "image_types_mycustomlayout"

Regards,

Gary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

You can choose your sdcard layout here:

meta-fsl-arm/image_types_fsl.bbclass at master · Freescale/meta-fsl-arm · GitHub

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos
joerutledge
Contributor III

So you're suggesting that the *right* way to do this, is to copy that class into my layer and edit it directly?

0 Kudos
gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

More or less yes. I would base my new class on the one from freescale but would name it differently so my conf file could have:

IMAGE_CLASSES += "image_types_mycustomlayout"

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos
joerutledge
Contributor III

OK, yes that makes sense. I just didn't know if there was a set of variables I'd missed somewhere, or some kind of definition file I should have been using. If it's just a case of "doing it by hand" that's fine; I just wanted to do it a Yocto way, so thought I would check before hacking around that script.

0 Kudos