How do I change the display to use RGB24 instead of RGB666 in U-boot 2009.08?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the display to use RGB24 instead of RGB666 in U-boot 2009.08?

micschrag
Contributor IV

Device info:

Processor: iMX6Q (Dual Core Version)

Uboot Version: 2009.08

BSP Version: Freescale Android BSP for KitKat 4.4.2_r1

I am working on a project that needs to use RGB24 for uboot, and this is mostly to correct the washed out image we are receiving for our splashscreen on an android device. Currently, the device is configured to use RGB666 in uboot, but it is connected to a 32 bit display.

Edit 1: This issues has not been answered although someone marked it as "Assumed Answered". Please allow users to make their own questions as answered, and do not do it for them. It will avoid frustration and reposts.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael

one can look at

iMX6QD How to Add 24-bit LVDS Support in Android

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

micschrag
Contributor IV

Igor,

I went through that document, following the instructions carefully, but I am still not getting uboot to use RGB24. The main reason I know this is still the case is that the image is washed out. I had the very same issue with the Android home screen as well, and this was solved by altering the kernel to use RGB24. The attached image shows the issue with the splashscreen.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos