How do I build a Kernel with PREEMPT_RT patch for the I.MX6Q-SDB?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I build a Kernel with PREEMPT_RT patch for the I.MX6Q-SDB?

peterbusse
Contributor I

I am trying to build a kernel (3.0.35)  with PREEMPT_RT patch for my imx6q-sdb. (sabre sdb)

I use BSP "L3.0.35_4.0.0_130424_source".

I am capable of doing the following:

Build the kernel with applied patches supplied by the bsp.

Patch the kernel supplied (3.0.35) with the preempt_rt patch. (rtKernel)

I am doing all the patching manually at this point... as I was unable to find information on how to "offcially" apply a patch to the kernel in the configuration phase of ltib

When I try to patch the bsp patches over my rtKernel  both the git script and "patch" fail.

Did someone already get all the bsp patches applied (with preempt_rt)?

Is there a different set of patched that would work together with the preempt_rt patch?

As I have not found any information on this could you please point me into the right direction if there is?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Try using 3.10.9 and then you can patch it directly with the latest rt patches:

3.10.9-rt5 [LWN.net]

0 Kudos

peterbusse
Contributor I

I have no problem applying the rt patch to the 3.0.35 kernel. My problem is applying both, the bsp patches (which only add support and drivers for the board) AND the rt-patch.

Or are you implying that the 3.10.09 kernel already has all the drivers, freescale software  etc. needed for the imx6q sabre-sd board to fully function?

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Peter

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Peter

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel

free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,
Yixing

0 Kudos