How do I add QT functionality to the core-minimal-image? (i.mx 6SoloX Sabreboard)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add QT functionality to the core-minimal-image? (i.mx 6SoloX Sabreboard)

christophbismar
Contributor II

Hi everyone,

starting from the core-minimal-image with the added features in conf/local.conf:

EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks tools-debug eclipse-debug ssh-server-openssh"

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "openssh-sftp openssh-sftp-server"

for debugging and uploading purposes via QTCreator, I want to enable QT5-functionality in this setup.

Now I tried serveral tutorials that were originally written for the Wandboard I did get somewhere, but it does not quite work (the image compiles well, but I can't upload the program through the QTCreator).

What would be the correct way to add QT5-functionality to this image?

I used fsl-image-qt5 before, which worked well, but there is just too much in it (the desktop and demo-programs e.g.).

Regards,

Christoph Bismark

Labels (4)
7 Replies

LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You can build (bitbake)  "fsl-image-qt5” and "meta-toolchain-qt5”. Then, install the toolchain and configure Qt creator for your target as it's done here : http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/APN%20-%20Yocto%20QT%20Application%20Development_20140925...

Luis

0 Kudos

christophbismar
Contributor II

Hello Luis,

I believe you misunderstood my question. I already got the fsl-image-qt5 to run, my goal now is to build a minimal image with QT capabilities. In the fsl-image-qt5 there is a lot of stuff I don't need (like the desktop-environment or the demo-apps) and I want to either get rid of that or create a new build (the core-image-minimal should suit this purpose) with just qt5-capabilities.

Regards,

Christoph

0 Kudos

LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Yes, I did.

I think you could start from sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-fsl-demos/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-qt5.bb and remove the things (package groups) you don't need, perhaps is easier than add QT stuff to core-image.

Best Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos

christophbismar
Contributor II

Hi Luis,

thanks for the input! I actually tried using HOB to add/remove packages more easily, but when I try to load the imx6xsabresd in HOB, it crashes during the "generating dependency tree"-step. In case you use HOB, could you try that out for me to see if this problem is only on my side?

Can you tell me how to remove packages manually? Or link me to a manual, that would be sufficient as well.

Regards,

Christoph

EDIT: OK, just realized that opening the fsl-image-qt5.bb offers a whole new perspective. However, the HOB question still stands in the room.

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Christoph,

I'm glad to hear of your progress with this.

As for HOB, unfortunately there are some HOB dependencies conflicts due to the graphics drivers of the BSP Release so the problem is not only on your side.

You may find this commented on the following document:

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-102505

HOB will eventually be replaced by Toaster so no more work is being done to HOB.

0 Kudos

christophbismar
Contributor II

Hi gusarambula,

Toaster is not yet ready for configuring images but rather to analyze already built ones, right? So that would be out of the picture for now. Do you have any tips on how to manually remove packages? I tried my luck reworking the fsl-image-qt5.bb, but as soon as I delete e.g. "packagegroup-qt5-demos", the image is not bootable (at the booting process, I get kernel panic - not syncing error).

Regards,

Christoph

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Correct, Toaster is not yet fully ready.

You may want to try the -g option of bitbake in order to produce a dependency graph of the packages. The file produced by this is a "dot" syntax that may be processed by Graphviz, for example. I haven't personally used it but you would need something similar in order to now what packages can be taken out as they are and which require further rework.

0 Kudos