How can the iMX28 HW_LCDIF_DEBUG registers used?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can the iMX28 HW_LCDIF_DEBUG registers used?

michaelmoran
Contributor I

I have a problem where the drivers/video/mxs/lcdif.c: mxs_init_lcdif() function hangs about 20% of the time while attempting to write the HW_LCDIF_CTRL register.

I have dumped the registers and notice some differences in the HW_LCDIF_DEBUG1 and HW_LCDIF_DEBUG2 registers when this happens.

Is there an app note that descibes these HW_LCDIF_DEBUG regisers?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Alvin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Moran,

You can refer to the MCIMX28RM, HW_LCDIF_DEBUG registers details can be found in it. :smileyhappy:

Regards,

Zheng Songhao

0 Kudos

michaelmoran
Contributor I

Hi Zheng,

I haveMCIMX28 (rev 2, 2013) and other than register field "descriptions", I can't find any information about what the fields *mean*. For example, there is no description of the possible values for the CUR_STATE field and the meaning of each state, or a state machine diagram.

0 Kudos

Alvin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Moran,

Compared with other Non-Debug registers, such as HW_LCDIF_CTRL, which have filed descriptions in RM.

Maybe these debug registers are only for internal test (I am no quite sure), and customer no need to know that generally.

Regards,

Zheng Songhao

0 Kudos

michaelmoran
Contributor I

Hi Zheng,

I'm not sure what you mean. I suspect that these debug registers are for internal use. However, if the debug registers can help me resolve my LCDIF problem it would be nice if they were documented completely. Otherwise, I question why the registers were even *partially* documented in the RM. :-/

0 Kudos