How can i build ubuntu core on imx6ull evk?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i build ubuntu core on imx6ull evk?

Jump to solution
Xelfiera
Contributor I

I have an i.MX6ULL EVK, and I want to install Ubuntu Core on it. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JudyJeo
Contributor III

Maybe you can refer to the Docker On i.MX6UL With Ubuntu16.04 - NXP Community

At the beginning of this document. It introduces how to install arm ubuntu.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Xelfiera

We don’t have any official support for this distribution. You can review the official platforms that Cannonical offers official support at the following link:

Supported platforms | Ubuntu

Have a great day!

Xelfiera
Contributor I
Hi @brian14 First of all, thank you for your response.

Is it possible to achieve this with unofficial methods? I've been researching this for a while. In theory, it seems possible, but I don't know what to do practically and where to start. Is there a compatibility issue with the kernel version? I'm somewhat new to this field. I would be happy if you could inform me about what I can do.
0 Kudos
brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Xelfiera,

Sorry, but I don’t have any information on how you can port Ubuntu Core to the iMX6ULL EVK.

0 Kudos
JudyJeo
Contributor III

Maybe you can refer to the Docker On i.MX6UL With Ubuntu16.04 - NXP Community

At the beginning of this document. It introduces how to install arm ubuntu.

0 Kudos
Xelfiera
Contributor I
Thanks @JudyJeo. For better or worse, I want to run Ubuntu Core on this device. Is there a chance to install Ubuntu versions for Raspberry and change them according to the device?
0 Kudos
JudyJeo
Contributor III

Do not understand what you are talking about. Do not understand why you need to change the ubuntu rootfs for Raspberry.

Why in your view, a ubuntu rootfs is related to a certain device. 

A certain device is related to Linux kernel, not rootfs.  

The way, the document introduces to create ubuntu rootfs can be run on any arm device. 

0 Kudos
Xelfiera
Contributor I
I'm sorry, I think I may have expressed it incorrectly. I'm relatively new to this and not very familiar with the technical aspects.

I just want to know if something like this is possible. There is an Ubuntu Core version available for a Raspberry device with the same i.MX6UL processor. Can I use it and configure it to work with my own device? Thank you for your interest.

https://ubuntu.com/core/docs/supported-platforms
0 Kudos