cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i apply 4.4.2 apt patch on i.MX6DL Android KK4.4.2

hi_shawn
Contributor II

Hi there,

I got the i.mx6 android 4.4.2 ape patch from NXP FAE. But i cannot apply the patch on KK4.4.2. Here below is my installation steps.

1, install the OMXPlayer Package and build the image with the instructions of codec release note.pdf.

2, cp lib_ape_parser_arm11_elinux.3.0.so libavcodec.so libavresample.so libavutil.so  ~/myandroid/device/fsl-codec/lib/

3, copy file 0001-device-fsl-codec-add-ape-decoder-support.patch to ~/myandroid/device/fsl-codec, then run command $ git am 0001-device-fsl-codec-add-ape-decoder-support.patch

but i received the errer message "fatal: previous rebase directory .git/rebase-apply still exists but mbox given". I googled the related the use case, but still unfixed.

Please adverse me how to fix it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Do you have the licenses for the video codecs?

Best Regards,

Diego

0 Kudos

hi_shawn
Contributor II

Hi Diego,

I appreciate for you reply.

The APE codec is free, so i think no need license. The patch can be applied on M6.0 directry. I checked the patch file. I'm quite sure it's not for kk4.4.2. But NXP China FAE said it's for the KK4.4.2. Finaly i modified or created the MK file, source file and head file followed the instructions of the APE patch. And i built the Android image with no error. After flush the new images, the Music player pop up the error dialog with "The player doesn't support this type of audio file".

Now i have two questios for curren status.

1, If the patch i'm using is for M6.0, can i apply it on KK4.4.2?

2, If so, how can i fix this issue step by step?

Plese advise me how?

0 Kudos

hi_shawn
Contributor II

In addation, the 4.4.2 ape patch can be applied on m6.0 successfully.

0 Kudos