cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use u-boot bmp to display a bitmap from mmc

parkermacdonald
Contributor I

Hi,
I am having difficulties configuring my lvds touch screen to display graphics of any kind during the uboot stage. During linux boot, and after all graphics work just fine. I unfortunately have a rather long uboot time (~5 seconds) and need an image to appear quickly.

I am using a custom imx6qp board based on the sabresd reference. I have been using uboot versions 4.1.15_1 and 4.1.15_2 from the freescale git repository. My attempts so far have involved editing mx6sabresd.c in '...boards/freescale/', and mx6sabresd.h in '.../include/configs/' with my display timings (below), adding the splash screen option, adding the BMP program (#define CONFIG_CMD_BMP). When I do not specify a panel environment variable, and have an hdmi display connected, I can see my splash image on the hdmi screen. But when I make a detect lvds function (which simply returns 1), or specify 'my-display' for the panel environment variable, bmp seems to work but I do not see anything on my display. Since the display works fine after boot, this leads me to wonder if there is more setup to do to get the screen to work. Thanks for any info.

Parker

.bus = -1,
.addr = 0,
.pixfmt = IPU_PIX_FMT_RGB666,
.detect = detect_lvds,
.enable = enable_lvds,
.mode = {
.name = "my-display",
.refresh = 60,
.xres = 1280,
.yres = 800,
.pixclock = 14506,
.left_margin = 48,
.right_margin = 48,
.upper_margin = 8,
.lower_margin = 2,
.hsync_len = 32,
.vsync_len = 6,
.sync = FB_SYNC_EXT,
.vmode = FB_VMODE_NONINTERLACED}

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Parker,

You can refer to this patch for u-boot logo: https://community.nxp.com/thread/441172

Hope it can help you!

Best Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos

parkermacdonald
Contributor I

Hi Wigros, is there any chance you could review your response with the correct link?

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Parker,

Sorry for my mistakes! please see the link!

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-98109 

Best Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos

parkermacdonald
Contributor I

Thank you for the reply Wigros, unfortunately I think your link is not right. It seems to be the url for this very thread. 

0 Kudos