How can I use the mfgtools to update the images in the QWKS-SCMIMX6DQ board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use the mfgtools to update the images in the QWKS-SCMIMX6DQ board

sjkdjgfklj
Contributor I

how can I use the mfgtools to update the images in the QWKS-SCMIMX6DQ board. I have read some document. It said that it had three boot options.

pastedImage_1.png

But how can I config it to download mode, so I can use the mfgtools to update the images.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Is for the spinor?.

0 Kudos

sjkdjgfklj
Contributor I

It is for Micro SD.

0 Kudos

sjkdjgfklj
Contributor I

When I put the D1 to off, the mfgtools can update the images in the QWKS-SCMIMX6DQ board by using mfgtool2-yocto-mx6dqscm-1gb-qwks-rev2-internal-spinor.vbs.But when I use the mfgtool2-yocto-mx6dqscm-1gb-qwks-rev2-sd.vbs, it stop in partitioning showing as the picture below.

pastedImage_1.png

How can I solve the problem?

0 Kudos

marcooman
Contributor II

It would be helpful to see what is going on on the console. In this way you can see all the messages you get at boot and the exact command that fails. To connect to the console you can use a program like putty downloadable here:

Download PuTTY: latest release (0.70) 

For your problem a key question is: what kind of SD do you have? The Micro SD (the one on processor side) or a full size SD on the back?

(AFAIK the script works with Micro SD and switches as per first line - Boot from top slot SD3, except D1 that must be OFF)

0 Kudos

sjkdjgfklj
Contributor I

I have Micro SD (the one on processor side), the console put the message blow:

utp_poll: pass returned.
UTP: received command '$ sh mksdcard.sh /dev/mmcblk2'
UTP: executing "sh mksdcard.sh /dev/mmcblk2"
wait for /dev/mmcblk2 appear
wait for /dev/mmcblk2 appear

How to slove it?

0 Kudos

marcooman
Contributor II

OK so the is that the system cannot find the micro SD. Have you tried to burn an SD image and boot directly from SD?

I make this question just to make sure that your board is OK and able to boot from micro SD normally. (And I assume that all switches except D1 are set as per the first line you cited on first post, and that you have a revision B board - revision is written near J1 I/O connector)

0 Kudos

sjkdjgfklj
Contributor I

It can boot directly from SD nomally, and it is revision B board.

1.jpg

0 Kudos

marcooman
Contributor II

I suspect is a revision C (like my one.. see the picture, and looks also more recent - July/17 while mine is from march/17). Revision B has the switches rotated by 90°C.

In case you still have problems you could add the following commands in mfgtools\Profiles\Linux\OS Firmware\ucl2.xml file, section beginning

<LIST name="SCM-SDCard" desc="Choose SD Card as media">

<!-- create partition -->

<!-- Add these two lines to see on the console what devices you have under /dev -->

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ sleep 10 "> Wait a bit...</CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ ls /dev "> list devices...</CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="send" file="mksdcard.sh.tar">Sending partition shell</CMD>
    <CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ tar xf $FILE "> Partitioning...</CMD>
    <CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ sh mksdcard.sh /dev/mmcblk%mmc%"> Partitioning...</CMD>

20180507_171106[1].jpg

0 Kudos