Recently I purchased i.MX 8M Mini DDR4 EVK (not LPDDR4 EVK) board.
I could test the board using HDMI display, and prebuilt android 9 image booted fine on the display.
I also purchased MIPI OLED1 display panel.
To make MIPI OLED1 display panel, I saw couple of things that I need to do or enable on official NXP android guide and on many community posts.
As far as I know, there are two ways to enable MIPI panel display: (1) Uboot settings or (2) Flashing MIPI panel specific images. None of these could enable the MIPI OLED1 display panel.
1) found from community posts
U-Boot > setenv fdt_file fsl-imx8mm-ddr4-evk-rm67191.dtb
U-Boot > saveenv
2) found from official android guide
U-Boot > setenv bootargs console=ttymxc1,115200 earlycon=ec_imx6q,0x30890000,115200 init=/init androidboot.console=ttymxc1 androidboot.hardware=freescale cma=800M@0x400M-0xb80M androidboot.primary_display=imx-drm firmware_class.path=/vendor/firmware transparent_hugepage=never androidboot.wificountrycode=CN androidboot.lcd_density=213
U-Boot > setenv append_bootargs androidboot.selinux=permissive
U-Boot > saveenv
Flashing MIPI panel specific images:
- to flash MIPI panel specific images I have to pass specific options when running uuu flashing script as below:
$ sudo ./uuu_imx_android_flash.sh -f imx8mm -t sd -u ddr4 -d mipi-panel
- Above option looks for below two files in the path:
- However, a problem is both prebuilt image zip files and manually android builds do not have above files if I build for my board version (iMX8MM DDR4 EVK). If I build for regular IMX 8MM EVK (not DDR4 version), it generates above files. I tried the images (built for IMX 8MM EVK), and it doesn't work, which is obvious.
- If I flash non MIPI panel version images, it works fine with HDMI display.
1. Is there anyone who already tested MIPI OLED1 display on i.MX 8MM DDR4 EVK?
2. Is there any step that I missed in all the things that I tried above?
3. It seems that i.MX 8MM DDR4 EVK builds should also have MIPI panel version images for dtbo and vbmeta files mentioned above. Does this mean that MIPI panel is currently not supported for my board (iMX8MM DD4 EVK)?
You need to.
https://community.nxp.com/message/1161251?commentID=1161251#comment-1161251 Will do help for you.