How can I save the gpu data in imx6q platform?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I save the gpu data in imx6q platform?

Jump to solution
wangzhigang
Contributor III

hi,everyone

Recently, I want to save the gpu data which in the range of 0x75000000~0x80000000.because when I hibernate and restore my system.my screen is abnormal.someone tell me the reason is that the texture used in GPU is not restored.so I want to save the gpu data to solve the screen abnormal problem.

but I can not save the gpu data ,because my system is panic when I memcpy the gpu data to kernel memory.I do it like that:

src=phys_to_virt(0x75000000);

memcpy(dst,src,5000000);

I know there is someting to wrong with me.but I don't know how to copy gpu data into kernel memory.and I know the gpu data do not belong to kernel memory,

Could you tell me how to copy gpu data into kernel memory,and then copy back? or how to restore the texture used in GPU?

my env is :

linux:linux 3.0.35.

platform:imx6q.

Best wishes!

wangzg

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi wang

if you wish to save any data you can reserve memory as

global array at linux starting, then use it as you wish.

Also in low power modes gpu may be powered off, check

REG1_TARG register PMU_REG_CORE in low power

routine.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos