How can I enable playback audio ports other than FR and FL on IMX-AUD-IO in MCIMX8QM board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I enable playback audio ports other than FR and FL on IMX-AUD-IO in MCIMX8QM board?

Jump to solution
GiangNguyenNTG
Contributor I

Hi NXP team,

I need some help getting playback audio port OUT-RL, OUT-RR, SW or C on IMX-AUD-IO using AUDIO SLOT 1. I'm using i.MX Android automative-13.0.0_2.3.0 release to build image.

I am able to hear audio via FR and FL but I'm struggling in enabling the other ports on the IMX-AUD-IO board. 

GiangNguyenNTG_0-1723452835213.png

As I read from the block diagram of CS42888 Codec, this driver can support up to 06 RCA output channels. I doubt they can all be enabled at the same time to create surround sound effect.  
GiangNguyenNTG_0-1723454039374.png

Any help is truly appreciated,

Giang

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Android Automotive release doesn't support multi-channel audio from Android Apps. Only "tinyplay" can work on FR and FL outputs.

To use multichannel audio, the hardware and driver should support multichannel audio, it is up to customer to implement it since our release uses stereo output.

This link could be useful as reference:

Automotive Audio  |  Android Open Source Project

Configure audio policies  |  Android Open Source Project

Best regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Android Automotive release doesn't support multi-channel audio from Android Apps. Only "tinyplay" can work on FR and FL outputs.

To use multichannel audio, the hardware and driver should support multichannel audio, it is up to customer to implement it since our release uses stereo output.

This link could be useful as reference:

Automotive Audio  |  Android Open Source Project

Configure audio policies  |  Android Open Source Project

Best regards.

0 Kudos