Help for imx6q release L3.0.35_4.0.0_130424: Instructions on how to test OpenGL ES/OpenVG/OpenCL

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for imx6q release L3.0.35_4.0.0_130424: Instructions on how to test OpenGL ES/OpenVG/OpenCL

Jump to solution
LeviathanSteven
Contributor III

Hi,

Recently, I worked on imx6q_sabrelite board with the latest release L3.0.35_4.0.0_130424.

I set up the system with L3.0.35_4.0.0_130424_source.tar.gz and ubuntu_oneiric_4.0.0.tgz

I have two problems:

1,  I setup the graphic acceleration environment followed document 'Instructions_to_setup_X11_acceleration_on_Ubuntu.txt' in xserver-xorg-video-imx-viv-3.0.35-4.0.0.tar.gz But I did not find test demos for OpenGL ES/OpenVG/OpenCL, so are there are any instructions on how to test them.

2,  When I test EXA performance with gtkperf and x11perf, I found the performance is even better when I use ‘fbdev_drv.so’  instead of   vivante_drv.so as the X driver by setting  the file xorg.conf . From file '/var/log/Xorg.0.log', I am sure the EXA HW acceleration has been enabled when using vivante_drv.so, but the

grkperf's performance is poor. (Actually, the same issue happened on my imx53_loco board, too). So are there any specially configurations to power up the EXA

HW acceleration????

Thanks in advanced.

Labels (3)
1 Solution
zhenyong_chen
Contributor III

We do not provide demos because they are for internal use. However, you can use glxgears to test GLX; es2gears to test ES2.0. And I believe you can find more from Internet.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
zhenyong_chen
Contributor III

Thanks. This issue is known. There're several reasons:

1. Nowadays CPU is very powerful. It is bettern than GPU for many operations, especially for small objects rendering. So we have a threshold for GPU painting. But the threshold is too hard to deal with so many settings

2. Cache maintenance overhead is greate

However, we are working to improve EXA performance.

0 Kudos
LeviathanSteven
Contributor III

Hi Chen,

Sorry to bother you again as I still got a 2D acceleration issue.

According to i.MX_6Dual6Quad_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf, we can found the threshold you said in last mail is that only if the drawables containing less than 1024x1024 pixels, it will use software rendering,Otherwise, the EXA solid/copy operations will be HW accelerated. Am I right? But I set my display resolution to 1920x1080, and then played a GIF file, and found it can not be played fluently and will have serious lag. Also I used default X driver fbdev_drv.so, and they nearly have the same performance as vivante_drv.so, So it seems that even we use HW acceleration(drawables containing more than 1024x1024 pixels), the performance is still not so good. Are there any special setting to really enable or improve the EXA HW acceleration??? Would you please find more information(gif file, log file and xorg.conf ) from my another discussion IMX6Q: X11 2D HW acceleration performance

jbd1986
Contributor III

Any updates on this issue?

0 Kudos
LeviathanSteven
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for your kindly reply.

And what about my issue#1? Would you please give some instructions on the graphic HW acceleration test on imx6q?

0 Kudos
zhenyong_chen
Contributor III

We do not provide demos because they are for internal use. However, you can use glxgears to test GLX; es2gears to test ES2.0. And I believe you can find more from Internet.

0 Kudos