cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello world boot imx6sxsabre

jbratten
Contributor I

Hi all,

New to Linux and IMX products.  I'm trying to get a simple "Hello world" to boot - with obvious difficulties. 

My initramfs simply consists of the Hello world executable (static) renamed init.  I give the menuconfig the absolute path to the init file and then bitbake linux-imx.  I can see the size of zimage change so I know it is being built into the kernel.  I then use MGFTool to burn zimage and the dtb into the qspi2 on the board.  Once program (at u-boot prompt), - I then "sf probe, sf read ${loadaddr} 0xA00000 0x660000, sf read ${fdt_addr} 0x800000 0x10000, bootz ${loadaddr} - ${fdt_addr}".

The board begins the long boot process and then fails with the following:

Warning: unable to open an initial console.

Freeing unused kernel memory: 352K (80c72000 - 80cca000)

Failed to execute /init

Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.

See Linux Documentation/init.txt for guidance.

I have searched and experimented for multiple days scouring the internet for the solution - so here I am admitting defeat.  Furthermore, my end game is just using the initramfs as my final rootfs; however, that experiment failed as well. 

Can anyone point a newbie in the right direction.

Thank you

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jbratten
Contributor I

Jimmy,

Thanks for the link.  The question has been solved.

JB

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please go to this link:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6SX&fpsp=1&tab=Documentation_Tab

Download the L3.10.53_1.1.0_LINUX_DOCS

You can start from building the BSP by using Yocto following the Freescale_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.

Then read the i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.

i.MX_6_Linux_Reference_Manual is talking about the kernel drivers in the BSP.

i.MX_6_BSP_Porting_Guide is talking about how to change the driver code for porting.

0 Kudos