cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headphone volume too low in wm8958

aravinthkumarja
Senior Contributor II

Hi All,

I'm using iMX6q Android 6.0 and our audio chip wm8958 and codec is wm8994 and a single jack (Like headset[mic+headphone in single jack]) output . In this Mic is not working, Also headphone output is very low.

I did HPOUT gain as High and un-mute it. And also while playing i'm reading the registers Gain is high only. But the output volume is too low.

Can you give your valuable  suggestion on this.

Our Doubt:

1). Jack Gnd connected to AGND but  from codec to jack have some filters that connected to DGND. Is this as issue?. Can you confirm this also

AGND(Analogue ground)

DGND(Digital Ground)

Regards,

Aravinth

0 Kudos
6 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

have you try to use the command 'alsamixer -V' ?  you can adjust the playback volume and switch on all the Gain/Amp controls.

0 Kudos

aravinthkumarja
Senior Contributor II

Hi jimmychan,

Android 6.0 BSP have tinyalsa tool. By using this also i make it as high gain. 

Regards,

Aravinth

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You may check the "HEADPHONE OUTPUT CONFIGURATIONS" in the WM8994 datasheet. There is recommended configuration to get the best audio performance.

0 Kudos

aravinthkumarja
Senior Contributor II

Hi jimmychan,

Thanks for your response.  For this configuration we need to one sequence of config. So i did "Headphone Cold Start-Up sequence is initiated by writing 8100h to Register 272". By using this that sequence of register configuring. Now we are not getting noise(Tic Tic sound we got before). But volume is low only.

Regards,

Aravinth

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I took a look of the datasheet, for "Headphone Cold Start-Up sequence", it is also involved charge pump and DC servo. You may double check both of these settings are correct. Also, the components connection of charge pump. For better support of wolfson audio codec, please contact Cirrus Logic for official support.

0 Kudos

aravinthkumarja
Senior Contributor II

Hi jimmychan,

I think it's correct. These register cirrus logic stored in chip memory. So already they verified right. ?

Regards,

Aravinth 

0 Kudos