Have your ever thought about making a i.mx233 sucessor?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have your ever thought about making a i.mx233 sucessor?

mlopez
Contributor III

Hi,

Have you (NXP) ever thought about making a i.mx233 sucessor?

Keeping PMU and audio codec (minimizing ADC noise) but with a better core (A7) (and Ethernet MAC if it is possible).

Any other of your solutions (for example i.mx6ul) needs a lot of external components that leads to a more expensive product, nearly double price than i.mx233 solution.

For audio and voice over IP market it would be a real winner.

And also for IoT products with voice control.

Thanks

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello mlopez,

There is not a direct replacement per se but as Luis mentioned there are some i.MX6 processors designed with the IoT and wearable applications in mind.

You may find implementations such as the Warp Board interesting (link below).

http://revotics.com/warp

Regards,

0 Kudos

mlopez
Contributor III

Hi gusarambula,

Yes, this an option, but it is not at the same price point. Even with the i.mx6ull, the PMU and associated components gives double price than i.mx233 solution.

i.mx6sl it's ever more expensive.

Regards

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello mlopez,

Unfortunately there is no direct replacement with an integrated PMU. It may be possible to save by using the i.MX6ULL with discrete power regulators, but it would take more space than a PMIC.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

0 Kudos

LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello mlopez‌,

No plans for i.MX223/28x direct replacement, but you could consider the new i.MX6ULL, designed for cost sensitive applications and optimized for low cost PCB design. i.MX6ULL + PMIC PF3000/3001 would be the natural replacement of i.mx2x devices.

Luis

0 Kudos