Have the internet connection using a station(WLAN0) and then bridge it to the AP interface(uap0)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have the internet connection using a station(WLAN0) and then bridge it to the AP interface(uap0)

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Hello team,

I am trying to bring up into the IMX8MM EVK a wifi repeater mode (Have the internet connection using a station(WLAN0) and then bridge it to the AP interface(uap0)).

I've managed to set up the WLAN interface as AP and STA, but now I getting struggling to make the bridge between them.

Can you please guide me on how to set up such a bridge?

Waiting for your kind feedback.

Thanks a lot and regards.

Shai

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

@alvaro_tx ,

Thanks a lot for your input. 

I've already solved this issue and managed to implement a full working repeater using imx8m chipset.

Have a great weekend. 

Kind regards, 

Shai

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @shai_b ,

The document will guide you how to set up soft access point using linux iptables.

Have a good day!

Regards,

weidong

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Dear @weidong_sun ,

The guide you provided is using eth0 to get the internet from the router (ethernet cable), I am trying to bring up AP (UAP0) that the internet comes from WLAN0.

How can I Configurations NAT between uap0 & wlan0 (not eth0)?

Waiting for your kind feedback, Thanks in advance. 

regards,

Shai

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @shai_b ,

You only need to replace eth0 with wlan0, and we have tested it.

After understanding how uap0-->NAT-->eth0, you will know how uap0-->NAT-->wlan0.

Regards,

weidong

0 Kudos

kef2
Senior Contributor IV

In first message you ask about bridging, in last one ask for NAT routing. So routing or bridging? For bridging you may need parprouted

parprouted(8): Proxy ARP IP bridging daemon - Linux man page (die.net)

parprouted is a daemon for transparent IP (Layer 3) proxy ARP bridging. Unlike standard bridging, proxy ARP bridging allows to bridge Ethernet networks behind wireless nodes. Normal L2 bridging does not work between wireless nodes because wireless does not know about MAC addresses used in the wired Ethernet networks. Also this daemon is useful for making transparent firewalls.

0 Kudos