Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW to launch uboot.bin use go comand in uboot

Jump to solution
javenlee
Contributor II

Hi,

I have been developing a custom board based on MX6QSD (u-boot-v2009.08-imx_3.0.35_4.1.0.tar.bz2),

I want to start U-boot use uboot go comand. I try to use as follow but failed.

TEXT_BASE = 0x27800000

tftp 0x27800000 u-boot.bin

go 0x27800000

anyone know how to start uboot use go command?

1 Solution
justin_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Javen,

I tried your files. The u-boot.bin is OK. But your sb_loader doesn't work.

I tried my sb_loader, it can work.

Are you using WinXP. Please try the XP version for it.

BR

Justin

View solution in original post

11 Replies
justin_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Javen,

It seems you want to run u-boot from DDR. You can try to use the sb_loader. It is more easy to use.

B.R

Justin

0 Kudos
javenlee
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply. I just want to know which DDR addrees I should load u-boot.bin to, and then it can run correct by go command ?

It is very convenient to debug by go command without USB or JTag, and just use serial console,  general we can load uboot to TEXT_BASE.

Is there any document about uboot DDR memery map? like the map of heap, stack.

You said I can use the sb_loader tool, and I search on freescale community then find it, and it seems a windows PC tool, which interface to be used? usb ?

0 Kudos
justin_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Javen,

After you build the u-boot, there will be a u-boot.map file. Also you can check our u-boot user guider in the release document for it.

sb_loader tool and load u-boot to memory and run it. It is a PC tool and use the USB interface. When power on without boot image, the ROM will enter USB download mode.

Then connect the USB cable to PC, it will be connected as a HID device. Then you can run the sb_loader.exe on the PC command prompt.

run the command " sb_loader -f u-boot.bin". I attached the sb_loader.exe and UserGuide.txt to you.

B.R.

Justin

javenlee
Contributor II

Hi Qingrong

sb_loader in the attachment cannot be run on my PC. I download another one from the link below is ok, but the uboot seems not running

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/software/sb_loader.v1.1-g63b47f0_bin+src.zip

I connect usb and UART, and boot from sdcard, there is no sdcard on devices, the ROM should enter usb download mode

and then run 'sb_loader.exe -f u-boot.bin', and can see output "Execute plugin successfully", but I cannot see any log output from

UART console.  I guess the u-boot.bin not be exeuted and I dont know why?

look over your linux document I can see there are two uboot image, one is padding uboot(with 1K header). another one is no padding uboot.

and I had tried to run them by sb_loader then all failed.

0 Kudos
justin_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Javen,

I can load the u-boot successfully on SABRESD board. Can you send the u-boot and sb_loader you used to me? I can have a double check for it.

B.R

Justin

javenlee
Contributor II

I had tried to load uboot on MCIMX6Q-SDP(REV B) and also cannot see ttyUSB

output.

pls check the uboot and sb_loader tool in attachment。

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 1:09 PM, Qingrong Jiang <

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Javen

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
justin_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Javen,

I tried your files. The u-boot.bin is OK. But your sb_loader doesn't work.

I tried my sb_loader, it can work.

Are you using WinXP. Please try the XP version for it.

BR

Justin

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Javen

We are sorry for getting back to you so late. Are you still stuck with the issue? If you have somehow to resolved the issue, can we close the discussion? If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
javenlee
Contributor II

I still cannot use go command in uboot,I just want to use go command for testing purpose only.

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Javen

We are going to branch your post to an internal group and have an engineer to look into it.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos