Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI to DVI monitor problem

Jump to solution
joowonkim
Contributor III

Hi everyone

I success install the Ubuntu i.MX6Q SabreSDB Board.

But not appear Ubuntu display.

I use the HDMI to DVI

I connected J8-HDMI connector and DVI monitor

How to solve this problem?

Thanks to read.

JooWon

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I've been able to make the 1280x1024 DVI monitor (LG Flatron 1710) work with the i.MX6Q SDP board running L3.10.53 BSP through the HDMI output and passive HDMI->DVI adapter. To do it, I've added the new 'allow_noncea=1' environment variable in the U-Boot configuration and the following arguments to the kernel command line: 'video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1280x1024M@60,if=RGB24'. The setup looked like following for my case of booting from external SD card on the SD3 (J507 connector on the board) interface.

U-Boot>setenv allow_noncea 1

U-Boot>setenv mmcargs 'setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} ${smp} root=${mmcroot} video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1280x1024M@60,if=RGB24'

U-Boot>saveenv

These settings forcedly fix the HDMI resolution to 1280x1024 and make the DVI monitor work correctly.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi JooWon,

In case of the Yoctro images, they have the LVDS display enabled by default (and not the HDMI output).

In case of the SABRE-SD board, if you want to enable the HDMI monitor instead of the LVDS display, you could try the following: On the U-Boot command line:

editenv mmcargs

Add the following to the end of the mmcargs variable:

video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24

saveenv

boot

You have to ensure that you added the mentioned command at the end of the mmcargs value, so, if you print the mmcargs values (command printenv mmcargs), it should be like following:

setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} ${smp} root=${mmcroot} video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos